When it comes to people in Fort Collins Tile flooring is what they should consider having installed. There are many pros to having tile flooring put inside a property. Besides learning about the pros and the cons of tile flooring, you'll learn about the different types of tile flooring options, materials it is available in and other useful information.
About Tile Flooring
This type of flooring is a popular option and it usually consists of thin objects that are in the shape of a rectangle or square. This is why they are called tiles, and they can be installed in both commercial and residential properties.
Tile flooring can be installed in virtually any room. The most common places they are installed in includes the bathroom, kitchens, pantries and finished basements or garages in some cases. These days, more and more people are choosing to have their living rooms tiled. Generally speaking, tiles can be installed in any room.
As for businesses, many types of commercial properties have tile flooring. This includes retail stores, restaurants, gyms and more. The bottom line is just about any business or residential home would be suited for tile floors.
Tile Flooring Types
When it comes to residents in Fort Collins tile flooring is available in many varieties. Different ones come with their own unique set of pros and cons. That said, some of the most common types of tile flooring include:
- Porcelain- These tiles have a unique look to them. They are known for their elegant look and feel. Not only that, but they do a great job at repelling moisture.
- Ceramic- Ceramic tiles are created from a number of clay materials. Ceramic tile flooring is a popular choice due to them not absorbing water and for being durable. Furthermore, they are relatively inexpensive.
- Slate- Slate is a type of rock that can be found around the world. It has been a popular flooring option for hundreds of years, and it is available in various colors such as orange, blue and brown to name a few. No two slate tiles are the same, due to colored veins running through it. One of the best things about slate is it is slip-resistant. In fact, it is naturally resistant and this means nothing has to be added to it in order to make it slip-resistant. This is also why it's the ideal flooring option for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Marble- Marble tiles are extremely durable and they are available in pretty much any color. They are available in several finishes, such as tumbled, polished and honed to name a few. This is why marble tiles are a popular option for those looking for tiles for any room in their home or business.
- Granite- Granite is durable rock that is known for its density and hardness. Granite tiles typically features speckles, and they are unique because no two granite floors are identical. They are truly one of a kind, and they are a great choice for highly trafficked areas such as the kitchen or bathroom.
Those are a few tile flooring options out there. We suggest comparing each type. Compare their features and looks before settling on one.
There are many pros that tile flooring offers. You'll want to know the top ones. They include:
- Many Options- As previously mentioned, there are many types of tile floors available. You can choose from ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, vinyl tiles, slate tiles and many others. It doesn't matter if you want plain looking tiles or something truly unique, you'll have no problems finding the ideal tiles for your home or business.
- Slip & Stain-Resistant- Another good thing about tiles is that most tiles are slip resistant and stain resistant, making cleaning them a breeze. Since they are slip-resistant, they are a safe flooring option to get if you're concerned about an elderly loved one slipping or if you have kids who are always prone to falling. The bottom line is that tile flooring is a good choice for those looking for a flooring option that can enhance safety and that are easy to maintain.
- Installation- Generally speaking, installing tiles is simple and easy, but it should still be left up to a professional. Different tiles require a certain degree of work to install them, but most tiles are pretty simple to install. This is especially the case when you compare the installation process for tiles to other flooring options.
- Inexpensive- Tiles can be affordable. Even the more expensive options are typically affordable, especially when you consider what you get for your money. Most tile options are very durable and can withstand the test of time. As long as you take proper care of your tiles, then you can bet they will remain in good condition for many years to come.
Do you want many options to choose from? If so, then a Fort Collins tile flooring company that offers tiles is who you should contact. You can browse the selection of tile flooring options they have before selecting the one that appeals to you the most.
- First con is that most tile floors are pretty hard. A lot of people prefer a soft surface, such as that of carpeting. However, some tiles are softer than other types of tiles, and this includes vinyl. Vinyl flooring is one of the softer types of tiles.
- Second con is grout lines might be a bit hard to maintain. After tile flooring is installed, then grout sealant should be used. As long as that's the case, then maintaining grout lines shouldn't be too difficult.
- The last potential con is the price. Do bear in mind that whether tile flooring is expensive or not is all a matter of opinion. You might think some tiling options are very expensive, while other people will think the price is reasonable. When it comes to tile floors, don't let price be the sole determining factor in your decision to get tiling.
As for how much you can expect to pay for tile floors, this depends on several factors. It really depends on how large of an area that will be tiled and the types of tiles you want. Some materials cost more than other materials, therefore it plays a major role in how much you'll pay.
The good news is you can request a quote for free. You'll be asked a few questions about what you're looking for and where the tiles will be installed and things of that nature. Then you'll receive a quote, which you can use to make a decision as to whether or not you should get it installed.
Tips For Choosing
When it comes to choosing tile floors, there are a few tips to keep in mind. Although you can't go wrong with choosing any tile option, there are a couple of tips to consider. The top tips include:
- First tip is to compare the different types. As we have stated before, there are various types of tiles. Compare a few different ones and weigh the pros and cons of the materials. Ideally, you want to choose tile floors that appeal to you and that will complement the decor of the area it is going to be installed in.
- Second tip is to consider the price. While it's true you shouldn't base your decision solely on price, you'll still want to consider what type of budget you're working with. If your budget allows, then go right ahead and choose tiles that are on the high-end, otherwise you can shop around for tiles that are of good quality, but not as good of quality as other types of tiles. Trust us when we say shopping around for tile floors is easier when you know what kind of budget you're working with.
- Third tips is to keep maintenance requirements in mind. Not all tiles require the same level of maintenance, but most are low in maintenance. In fact, the only maintenance required of many tiles is a mop job or a steam clean every once in a while. Even the tiles that require a good amount of maintenance typically are easy to maintain.
- Finally, durability is something you will want to consider when it comes to your tile flooring project. Always choose the tiles you believe are the most durable. For example, porcelain is usually not as durable as slate tiling, therefore slate might be the better option. The last thing you want is to choose low quality tiles that will break shortly after installing them.
Fort Collins tile flooring is probably more affordable than you think, and there are many pros and only a handful of cons of tile flooring. As you can see, tiles are available in a range of styles and materials. Go ahead and start comparing the different options out there before deciding on which one to get.